Thursday, February 10, 2011

Belaruse-Halubcy

                                    Halubcy      
1 Large head cabbage gently boiled till soft
6 small potatoes boiled, peeled, and mashed
1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped mushrooms1 cup chopped and sauted onion
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tblsp paprika
1 tblsp dill weed
2 tsp coriander
4 cups beef broth
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
Mix and mash all the ingredients except cabbage, broth and tomatoes in a large bowl. Take cabbage from water and peel of all leaves that are soft return head to water to continue boiling inner leaves. Lay out peice of cabbage and place a 1/3 cup of mixture on one end, fold sides over and roll up. Repeat until all the stuffing is gone. Then place rolls in large pot add beef broth and tomatoes. simmer for 2 hrs.
Serve hot with a sauce of 1 cup sourcream and 3 tblsp horseradish. I found this recipe on http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/POTATO_HALUBCY_WITH%20_MUSHROOMS
This recipe was really simple but made a delicious dinner and a hearty one. When I was making it I was very sure that this would be my first failure, it wasn't, although my brothers didn't like it my Dad did.


No comments:

Post a Comment